Monday, November 2, 2009

Coming Back from Seattle (October 2009)

From Mom:
Sava was just tackling me on the bed, and kissing me repeatedly on the mouth. She is finally getting the swing of closing her mouth before kissing me, but our makeout sessions always leave me drenched in a copious amount of drool.

The Letter H
We just had hot chocolate for the first time, tonight in the lobby.
Her first word is "Hi"
Her second word is "Hot" as in "Sava, those eggs are hot. Let them cool down first" And then she picks them up and blows on them, saying "Ha.. Ha.. Ha" (just now, down in the lobby, she started to try to pronounce the "t" at the end of it.)

She knows how to sign "bird" "dog" "kitty" "milk" "ball" & "shoes", and "water" and "sleepy" and she knows how to make a sound like a monkey. ("hoo hoo hoo hoo"). Today, at the Seattle Aquarium, she called the tropical hawaiian fishes "birds" as they floated in the space around her head, and when she saw the sea otters rolling around and necking in the water, she started to make the sound of a monkey.....

Tricking Mommy:
Up in the San Juans, early morning, sitting by the fire. You had nursed all morning and it was a bleary 7am, and we were softly playing in the living room, trying not to wake anybody else up. I was so sleepy and it was still dark, and i really was just bleary, astonished at how much energy you had, wishing my mom wasn't sick so that she could play with you and I could crawl back into bed. You were a little on edge, and kept making the sign for wanting to nurse but I just couldn't, after having nursed you all night, and you would get up and play, and scooch around, while I sat kinda grumpily and self-pityingly in the chair by the fire. Then after awhile you came over to me and looked at me and made the sign for "sleepy" which is to pull your open hand from your forehead down your face. I couldn't believe my luck: "you want to sleep? hell yes, baby! Let's go!" and so i practically leapt into bed with you, so grateful for the chance to take a nap. But as I put you down in bed beside me, you started grinning in your maniacal way- leering at me really, and coyly made the sign for milk, as you lay in bed waiting for my breasts to descend to their expected position. And I stared at you, totally amazed at how perfectly you had conned me. and then I just laughed and laughed, and I couldn't really be tired after that. Little trickster. Little abstract sneaky thinker.You are going to keep us on our toes.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP